Asbury’s Stock & ETF Ideas: Q2 2017 Performance Update
Posted on: Thursday, July 6th, 2017
In addition to our top-down, macro analysis of the US financial landscape, we also provide subscribers with specific trading ideas in individual stocks and ETFs that include entry price, target price, stop loss level, and corresponding risk/reward parameters.
The following table displays and breaks down our 40 most recent closed out trading ideas, through Q2 2017, along with some performance-related information.
Click the table to enlarge.
* Average Per Trade Relative Performance vs S&P 500 is the average relative outperformance of each individual trade versus the S&P 500 during the period that the trade was in effect. Specifically, on average, each of the 40 trades listed above outperformed the S&P 500 by 1.8%.
In addition, through Q2 2017, we currently have 11 open (still active) trade ideas which:
- have an average open trade profit of 5.0%,
- have an average risk/reward ratio of 1:4.7 (risking $1.00 to make $4.70), and
- would show an average profit of 2.3% per idea if all 11 were stopped out.
These are available to subscribers via our Research Center.
Our model first identifies stocks and ETFs that are in the midst of a pause (indicating investor indecision) within an established price trend, then attempts to buy the resumption of that trend at a price and time when the risk/reward parameters are the most favorable.
Our methodology is designed to produce:
- a high percentage of winning trades,
- significantly larger winning trades than losing trades, and
- an initial risk of 5% or less on any individual idea, all as shown by the small black table above.
Finally, all investors should know that investing in financial assets is a risky endeavor and that past performance does not guarantee future results.
Asbury Research subscribers can view our current stock and ETF ideas by logging into the Research Center via the big gold button in the upper right corner of the screen.
Non-subscribers can request more information about us, including service and pricing options, by visiting our Contact Us page or by calling 888-960-0005.
All Contents © Copyright 2005-2018 Asbury Research LLC. The contents of all material available on this Internet site are copyrighted by Asbury Research LLC. unless otherwise indicated. All rights are reserved by Asbury Research LLC., and content may not be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of Asbury Research LLC., or as indicated below. Members of Asbury Research LLC. may download or print web pages for personal or academic use, consistent with their user agreement. However, no part of such content may be otherwise or subsequently reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of and with express attribution to Asbury Research LLC. Copyright infringement is a violation of federal law subject to criminal and civil penalties.