Individual Stocks & ETFs
updated on 07-01-2017
In addition to our top-down, macro analysis of the US financial landscape, we also provide subscribers with specific trading ideas in individual stocks and ETFs that include entry price, target price, stop loss level, and corresponding risk/reward parameters.
The following table displays and breaks down our 40 most recent closed out trading ideas, through Q2 2017, along with some performance-related information.
Click the table to enlarge.
* Average Per Trade Relative Performance vs S&P 500 is the average relative outperformance of each individual trade versus the S&P 500 during the period that the trade was in effect. Specifically, on average, each of the 40 trades listed above outperformed the S&P 500 by 1.8%.
In addition, through Q2 2017, we currently have 11 open (still active) trade ideas which:
- have an average open trade profit of 5.0%,
- have an average risk/reward ratio of 1:4.7 (risking $1.00 to make $4.70), and
- would show an average profit of 2.3% per idea if all 11 were stopped out.
These are available to subscribers via our Research Center.
Our model first identifies stocks and ETFs that are in the midst of a pause (indicating investor indecision) within an established price trend, then attempts to buy the resumption of that trend at a price and time when the risk/reward parameters are the most favorable.
Our methodology is designed to produce:
- a high percentage of winning trades,
- significantly larger winning trades than losing trades, and
- an initial risk of 5% or less on any individual idea, all as shown by the small black table above.
Investing in financial assets is a risky endeavor and past performance does not guarantee future results.