Monthly Investment Compass (MIC) is one of a suite of investment research reports that we produce for our subscribers. MIC is a collection of price charts and various financial data series’ that collectively convey our best investment ideas for US and global asset prices over the next one to several quarters.
For those who have attended our webinars for Fidelity Investments or our live presentations for NAAIM (National Association of Active Investment Managers), AAII (American Association of Individual Investors) and other investment organizations, this report is very similar in its appearance and content to those presentations you saw.
The report includes our picks for where to be invested in the stock market based on the following categories:
- size (small, medium or large cap)
- style (growth or value)
- sector (of the 10 Select Sector SPDR ETFs)
- industry group (of the 22 SPDR Industry ETFs)
- country (of 42 iShares Country ETFs)
- specific stocks and ETFs (S&P 500 constituents plus about 50 commodity-based ETFs).
Here is Slide 23 of 31 of our November 11th Monthly Investment Compass (access requires subscription). This slide focuses on the “size” category of where to be invested.
Although the chart may appear to be a bit arcane and complicated, it’s our job to make that interpretation for you.
This slide indicates that:
- Large Cap (S&P 500) became quarterly oversold versus the overall market in early October, after which we suggested an overweight there. Large cap has since outperformed the 1500 by 12%.
- Small Cap (S&P 600) has very recently reached quarterly oversold extremes and is thus amid favorable conditions to outperform the S&P 1500 into year end/early 2018. Small Cap has already outperformed the 1500 by almost 3%.
Other slides in the report cover the additional categories listed above.
Asbury Research subscribers can view our latest research on the US stock market, market sectors, US interest rates, ETFs and commodities, as well as a table with our current picks in US stocks, ETFs, and global indexes, by logging into the Research Center via the big gold button in the upper right corner of the screen.