Individual Stocks & ETFs
updated on 01-18-2018
In addition to our top-down, macro analysis of the US financial landscape, we also provide subscribers with specific trading ideas in individual stocks and ETFs that include entry price, target price, stop loss level, and corresponding risk/reward parameters.
We began providing these trading ideas to subscribers in August 2016. The table below details their collective performance from then through December 2017.
- Our ideas were profitable 57% of the time.
- The average percent gain per profitable trade was 8.7%.
- The average initial risk on any one idea was less than 5%.
- The average percent gain on profitable ideas (8.7%) was 2.5 times larger than the average percent loss (3.5%) on unprofitable ideas.
- on average, each of the 87 ideas listed above outperformed the S&P 500 by 1.8%.
Our model utilizes several quantitative and technical inputs to screen the entire S&P 500, plus about 100 ETFs that track US sectors and industry groups, foreign stock indexes, and economically influential commodities like copper, crude oil and gold, for special opportunities when the initial risk is very low (less than 5%) and the risk to reward ratio is at least 1 to 3 (risking $1.00 to make $3.00).
This methodology is designed to produce:
- a high percentage of winning trades,
- significantly larger winning trades than losing trades, and
- very small drawdowns, all as shown by the small black and yellow table above.
Investing in financial assets is a risky endeavor and past performance does not guarantee future results.