The following is the PDF and accompanying video from our US Financial Market Chart Book for June, produced and sent to Asbury Research subscribers on May 26th. In our blog we try to feature an excerpt from one of the 7 different reports that we produce for clients at various intervals throughout the month.
The video portion of this report (accessible below) is a relatively new addition to our research line-up. It allows John Kosar, Director of Research, to “talk” to Asbury clients directly about what key market factors Asbury believes are likely to have the most influence on upcoming price direction in the US stock market and market sectors, US interest rates, the US Dollar, and economically-influential commodities like crude oil, copper and gold.
Some key talking points from that PDF and video:
- “at least a near term peak is in place in the US stock market”
- “the larger February trend of declining benchmark US interest rates appears to be only around halfway completed”
- “the Energy Sector and crude oil prices are vulnerable to more near term weakness”
Since that PDF and video were sent to Asbury subscribers:
- the S&P 500 has declined by 129 points or -10%
- the yield of the bellwether US 10-Year Treasury Note has declined by 60 bps or -20% to 2.47%
- NYMEX crude oil has declined by $16.27 per barrel or -16%
Finally, in light of today’s stock market collapse, we thought it may be worthwhile to take another look at our July 20th appearance on Fox Business which explained how relative underperformance by Semiconductors flashed an early warning sign about this week’s US market collapse.
Our July 20th full report on this topic, entitled Is Tuesday’s Stock Market Rebound Sustainable? Watch The SOX Index. , is available to Asbury Research subscribers by logging into the Research Center via the button at the upper right corner of the screen.
Professional investors can learn more about our investment research right here on our website which includes sample reports, client testimonials, our 2010 market calls, and John Kosar’s recent appearances in the media.