With the S&P 500 trading 37 points higher today alone, and considering that it is up a whopping 204 points or +19% since October 4th, we thought this was a good time to revisit our September 30th appearance on Fox Business (see the video below) — which includes our expectations for the US stock market through the end of 2011.
Many of the ideas that we stated on-air that day are already panning out nicely, including:
- as long as the German DAX held 5150 support, which was being tested at the time of our appearance, look for a move higher in both the German and US stock markets (the DAX just hit our 3600 initial upside target this morning, which we conveyed to our subscribers on September 28th).
- a move above 5640 in the DAX would signal a bottom in both the German and US markets (this took place on October 10th, after which the DAX rose by 501 points or +9% in a little more than 2 weeks).
- we needed to see relative outperformance by the DAX versus the S&P 500 over the next month or so to indicate that “the coast was clear” to buy the US stock market (the DAX has outperformed the S&P 500 by 7% during October).
- we should see a sustainable bottom emerge in the US stock market during the 4th Quarter (the S&P 500 has risen by 204 points or +19% since October 4th).
- we said that investors may consider “participating here” in anticipation of a year-end US stock market rally (which so far has resulted in a 148 point, 13% rise in the S&P 500 since our September 30th appearance).
There are still 2 months left in 2011, but with 3 weeks of this arguably being consumed by holidays in a year when many managers: A) have underperformed their benchmarks, and/or B) were not expecting this violent October rally, it should be an interesting finish.
Asbury Research subscribers can get our latest market analysis by logging into the Research Center of our website at www,asburyresearch.com.
Interested investors can learn more about our investment research including sample reports, client testimonials, our 2010 and YTD 2011 market calls, and John Kosar’s recent appearances in the media right here on our website.
Finally, John Kosar, Director of Research, will be back on Fox Business tomorrow between 12:00 and 12:30 ET. Hope you tune in.
The US Stock Market:<br>What We’re Expecting Through Q4 2011<br>(per our Sep 30th Interview On Fox Business):
October 27th, 2011 at 1:45 pm